Travel Outside of the U.S.

When you choose to travel outside the U.S., in order to reenter, you must bring with you the following documents:

  1. Valid passport: You must carry a passport that is valid for at least 6 months upon re-entry to the U.S.
  2. Valid F-1 visa: You are required to have a valid U.S. visa stamp in your passports to reenter the U.S. You will have to renew your F-1 visa if it will expire before you return to the U.S.
  3. I-20 with a valid travel authorization signature: The I-20 Form must have a valid Travel Authorization Signature on the second page. F-1 travel signatures are valid for one year from the date it was last signed for current students and six months for students on Optional Practical Training (OPT). Make sure your I-20 has been signed recently by Dean Khuong.