FAQ for Student Employees
Fall 2020 Employment
1. Will there be any student jobs on campus this fall?
Students should not expect to be able to work on campus for the fall semester. The fall semester work expectation has been replaced with a Bowdoin grant for all aided students.
2. Can a student who is living off campus work on campus?
No, only students who are living in Bowdoin housing are permitted to work on campus. Students living off campus may be allowed to work remotely, if the job is approved for remote work.
3. Can a student work remotely from anywhere?
It is unlikely that there will be opportunities for students to work remotely for Bowdoin, with only a few exceptions. The fall semester work expectation has been replaced with a Bowdoin grant for all aided students.
4. Can a student who has been granted a Personal Leave of Absence work in a student job?
No, if a student has been granted a leave of absence, they are no longer eligible for student employment.
5. Will the First-Year Job Placement Program be available?
No. Based on the limited number of jobs available and the removal of the work expectation for aided students, we have decided not to offer this program for the Fall 2020. First-year students living on campus can work; however, the job opportunities will be limited.
6. Will there be a fall job fair?
Unfortunately, we had to cancel this event due to social distancing practices as well as the limited number of jobs and students that will be on campus this fall.