Information for students, faculty, and staff about Bowdoin's plans for the summer and Fall 2021 semester.
- First and foremost, the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and our neighbors in the Brunswick community;
- Providing an excellent Bowdoin education to every student;
- Strengthening the bonds of our community; and
- Being good stewards of our financial resources.
Summer 2021 Overview
- As we transition to summer, the College is adopting a new COVID-19 status level of green to be added to our previous three status levels (yellow, orange, and red) that reflect changing guidelines in accordance with the state CDC.
- College grounds (exterior only) are open to the public.
- Only students, faculty, and staff who are fully vaccinated are permitted inside campus facilities without face coverings, and campus buildings are still closed to the public and to students not living or working on campus.
- Admissions has resumed on-campus tours, but they will be outside only and information sessions will be held in tents on the Quad.
- When the College is in green status, the number of people who can be in these spaces at the same time will be 100 percent of normal levels.
- Please visit the Summer 2021 page for additional information.
Fall 2021 Overview
- We are planning to welcome all of our students back to campus in the fall.
- All classes will be taught in person in the fall.
- We will require all members of the campus community to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Exemptions will be granted for medical reasons for students (and legitimate medical or religious reasons in the case of employees). The deadline for students to be fully vaccinated is Friday, August 13, and faculty and staff will need to be fully vaccinated by Tuesday, August 24 (first-year student arrival day). Please visit the vaccination information page and the international student vaccination page for full details about the vaccination requirement.
- The tentative Bowdoin College calendar for the 2021-2022 academic year is available on the academic affairs site.
- Please visit the Fall 2021 page for more complete information.