Leaders in All Walks of Life: 50 Years of Women at Bowdoin
Join us Friday, September 24 and Saturday, September 25 for an alumnae-organized weekend to kick off the year-long celebration of fifty years of women at Bowdoin.
The program includes a keynote conversation and sessions designed to engage, spark conversations, make connections, and recognize this historic milestone for the College with a focus on:
- Women's leadership
- Women's adaptability
- The experiences of women of color at Bowdoin across the decades
- The impact of women on the College and the College on women
- Connecting alumnae and students
Other Campus Events
- Bowdoin College Museum of Art has a special exhibit opening on September 16, 2021 “There is a Woman in Every Color: Black Women in Art”. BCMA curatorial assistant and manager of student programs, Elizabeth Humphrey ’14, previewed the upcoming exhibition in a recent virtual event that can be viewed here.
- Late March/early April 2022 academic symposium
- Other campus initiatives with host committee member involvement: Rise, March 2022 (Jenna Scott ’19) and an ongoing oral history project in partnership with Special Collections and Archives (Sarah Jane Weill ’18)
We will update this page with more details on the weekend and the year-long celebration as they become available. If you have any questions about the anniversary events, please feel free to contact Sarah Begin Cameron '05 or Heather T. Kenvin '83.
Host Committee Cochairs
Callie Boardman Curtis '72 | Cheryl Coffin '75 | Linda Nelson '83 |Alexa Fitzpatrick '94 | Jenny Wong Adu '07 | Zully Bosques Hatch '11 | Praise Hall '20
Host Committee Members
Elizabeth Woodman Begin '74 | Gail Berson '75 | Saddie Smith '75 | Joyce Ward '75 | Shelley Cyr '76 | Peggy Slajchert Jensen '76 | Barbara Gross '77 | Ruthie Spire Small '77 | Nancy Bellhouse May '78 | Deanne Smeltzer Urmy '78 | Ann Hambelton Kenyon '79 | Joanie Benoit Samuelson '79 | Paula Wardynski '79 | Calanthe Wilson-Pant '79 | Molly Hoagland King '80 | Elizabeth Dujmich Aaroe '81 | Terry Guen-Murray '81 | Marijane Benner Browne '83 | Shelley Hearne '83 | Mary Jo Gorman Keaney '86 | Bridget Spaeth '86 | Kate Adams '89 | Jen Goldsmith Adams '90 | Anne LaMontagne Louie '90 | Mary Hogan Preusse '90 | Hannah Rahill '91 | Caitlin Hart Ryan '91 | Romelia Leach '94 | Tasha Padilla-Goddard '94 | Darcie McElwee Leighton '95 |Kate Shoemaker '95 | Dee Spagnuolo '96 | Jill Marden Casal '97 | Kim Pacelli '98 | Cyndy Falwell Pitta '98 | Alexis Bailey Treat '98 | Kimi Phillips-Lohrmann '99 | Lauren Abernathy Fitzgerald '00 | Nai Horsley-Fauntleroy '00 | Stacey Jones Lee '00 | Lovey Roundtree Oliff '01 | Courtney Mongell Ravenscroft '01 | Anne Warren '02 | Sydney Asbury '03 | Joanie Taylor '03 | Kristin Pollock '04 | Shoshana Kuriloff Sicks '04 | Jennifer Crane '05 | Lisa Kurobe '05 | Fariha Mahmud Greenwood '06 | Jin-Sun Kim Chin '07 | Beth Kowitt '07 | Holly Maloney '07 | Lydia Pillsbury '07 | Hope Stockton '07 | Meaghan Tanguay '07 | Sara Utzschneider '07 | Ingrid Anid '08 | Vannie Du '08 | Emily Keneally '08 | Katherine Finnegan '09 | Saira Toppin '09 | Zoë Anaman '10 | Maxine Janes '10 | Jessica Yang '10 | Rakiya Orange Brown '11 | Dhaujee Kelly '11 | Marguerite Mariscal '11 | Coretta King '12 | Sarah Levin '13 | Tricia Thibodeau '13 | Becky Stoneman '14 | Theresa Faller '15 | Megan Maher '16 | Maddie Bustamante '17 | Hannah Berman '18 |Sarah Jane Weill '18 | Carolyn Brady '19 | Jenna Scott '19 | Leah Matari '20 | Faria Nasruddin '20 | Allison Rutz '20 |Isabel Thomas '20 |Elly Veloria '20 | Safiya Osei '21 | Samara Nassor '22 | Kellie Navarro '23