Student Aid Forms and Resources

Below are some links to standard forms and required documents for your convenience.  Review the Student Aid Forms and Deadlines Table for specific requirements and deadlines.  Please note that your MyAid Portal is the best way to access official communications from the Student Aid Office and that the forms may all be found on the 'Forms' tab of your MyAid Portal.

Student Aid Forms and Deadlines Table

CSS Profile



Federal Verification

General Information Tip Sheet

Prospective Student Tip Sheet

Current Student Tip Sheet

After the CSS Profile is submitted, you will be able to access IDOC in your College Board dashboard under the "Next Steps" heading. You may also access IDOC by logging in on the IDOC website.  Use the IDOC service to submit documents securely, confidentially, and electronically to the Student Aid Office. This includes forms like the Student and Parent Federal Tax documents as well as the Student or Parent Non-Tax Filer Form, and Verification Worksheet. You may upload documents directly to IDOC or mail them a packet, if you prefer.

In order to complete the loan borrowing process at Bowdoin, you will want to familiarize yourself with the steps for applying for student or parent loans. Please visit our Student and Parent Financing Information page for a wealth of information on how you can meet your family's share of your educational expenses. In addition, our Financing Tip Sheet can be a useful resource.

The Bursar's Office telephone number is (207) 725-3249.

Student Account Payment Survey

QuikPay Billing System and Tuition Payment Methods

Outside scholarship checks should be mailed directly to the Bursar's Office: 

Bursar's Office
Bowdoin College
5420 College Station
Brunswick, ME 04011-8445 

For All Grant and Scholarship Recipients:

If you received grant and scholarship aid that exceeds the cost of tuition, fees, and books in a calendar year, you may have taxable student financial aid that should be included on your U.S. income tax return. Similarly, if you receive any grant or scholarship assistance that is specifically designated for a cost other than tuition, fees, and books, these amounts are taxable. You may also need to include these amounts on your state tax return.

Please see the following documents for more information:

U.S. Students

Information regarding the taxability of grants and scholarships for U.S. citizens and permanent residents

Worksheet for Calculating Taxable Grants and Scholarships        

IRS Publication 970

International Students

Information regarding the taxability of grants and scholarships for international students

IRS Form 1040NR-EZ for nonresidents