Examine the equity of student access, participation, and satisfaction for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color) students throughout the work and offices within the Division of Student Affairs. (Division of Student Affairs)
Progress indicator: Use data collected through the Office of Institutional Research, Analytics, and Consulting’s surveys and College systems to assess student satisfaction, experiences, and services and to understand how this differs by diverse identities. (Begin summer 2021)
Develop and sustain DEI programming for all students throughout their time at Bowdoin with a focus on racial justice and on anti-Black racism. (Division of Student Affairs)
- Audit current DEI programming in the Division of Student Affairs.
- Continue to build out first-year DEI programming beyond Orientation.
- Understand the current state of DEI programming across student affairs and how students navigate their engagement with DEI work beyond the classroom. (Summer 2021)
- Build out further programming to address gaps. (Fall 2021)
Review the student experience in navigating the process of applying for and receiving student aid and develop a plan to further support students in this process. (Office of Admissions and Student Aid)
Progress indicator: An analysis of the student aid experience will be developed. (June 2021)
Begin a pilot program to accept community college transfer students. (Office of Admissions and Student Aid, Office of the Dean for Academic Affairs)
Progress indicators: Commit to an American Talent Initiative pilot to develop a pathway for the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of low-income transfer students from community colleges, and develop a coordinated plan for enrollment. (Spring 2021)
Increase the number of BIPOC students participating in the investments office intern program and create opportunities for investments office staff to speak to BIPOC students about the internship program, as well as about careers in the finance industry. (Investments)
- An increase in the number of BIPOC student applicants and hires for the program. (June 2021)
- Will have hosted at least one virtual open house, with the team available for one-on-one conversations with interested candidates. (June 2021)