How to Submit an Ad
Who May Place Ads
Members of the Bowdoin College Community (students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the Association of Bowdoin Friends) may place free classified ads on this site.
Individuals who are not members of the Bowdoin Community may place an ad for $20. A check payable to Bowdoin College must be mailed to Sara Smith, Office of Communications and Public Affairs, Bowdoin College, 3900 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011, along with a copy of the ad text.
Ads will not be posted until payment is received. Please include a copy of the ad text with payment to help avoid unnecessary delays.
- Ads should be submitted, by using the form on this page, by 9:00 a.m. on Fridays, and will be posted the following Friday end of day. It may take up to two weeks for your ad to appear.
- Ads must be brief and submitted in paragraph format. Ads may be edited. Consider wording carefully; all ads are viewable by the general public.
- Use proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.
- Bowdoin College reserves the right to decline any ad.
- Ads will remain online, or posted for 30 days.
- Handwritten ads are not accepted.
Ad Changes and Resubmissions
- Ads will not be changed or removed unless you submit the current copy of the ad. Please make sure your ad is correct before you submit. Updates and changes occur on Friday but must be submitted by 9:00 a.m. Friday. Please plan accordingly when placing the ad, ad changes will not be made until Friday.
- Before resubmitting your ad, please check to make sure it is not still listed.