How to Submit an Ad
Who May Place Ads
Members of the Bowdoin College Community (students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the Association of Bowdoin Friends) may place free classified ads on this site. If you indicate you are a member of the Bowdoin College Community, and it can not be verified, your ad will not be accepted.
Individuals who are not members of the Bowdoin Community may place an ad for $20. A check payable to Bowdoin College must be mailed to Sara Smith, Office of Communications and Public Affairs, Bowdoin College, 3900 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011, along with a copy of the ad text. Handwritten, paper ads mailed in without an electronic submission are not accepted.
Ads will not be posted until payment is received. Please include a copy of the ad text with payment to help avoid unnecessary delays.
- Ads should be submitted, by using the form on this page, by Thursday 5 p.m. for a Friday submission. Ads submitted on Friday will appear the following week. Ads may take up to two weeks to post.
- Please make sure you list a contact email or phone within your ad - you are responsible for adding this information if you want to be contacted by email or phone, that is your preference.
- Ads are posted once a week, and will remain posted a minimum of one week. Removal of ads must be submitted by the original person posting with email address, phone, category and title reference.
- Ads must be brief and submitted in paragraph format. Ads may be edited. Consider wording carefully; all ads are viewable by the general public.
- Use proper capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ads will remain online, or posted for 30 days.
- Handwritten ads are not accepted.
- Bowdoin College reserves the right to decline any ad.
Ad Changes and Resubmissions
- Ads will not be changed or removed unless you submit the current copy of the ad, and reference the phone and email address, category and title of ad. Ads can only be removed by the person that posted the ad.
- Please plan accordingly when placing the ad, ad changes will not be made until Friday. Note: if your listing is quickly rented , sold, or no longer needed - it may take up to a week to remove (ads must remain a minimum of one week)
- Before resubmitting your ad, please check to make sure it is not still listed.