Seniors Celebrate in the Week Leading up to GraduationPublished by Rebecca Goldfine
This year's Senior Week was particularly joyful as COVID-19 safety protocols were recently relaxed for vaccinated students, making it easier for them to gather without worry.
Tuesday, May 25
- Trip to Popham Beach, 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 26
- Academic department Virtual Open Houses and end-of-year get-togethers, 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Fireside Chat with 2021 Honorary Degree Recipient NASA Astronaut Dr. Jessica Meir, moderated by Alvin Hall ’74, 6:30 p.m.–7:45 p.m.
- Outdoor reception, Coe Quad, 8:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 27
Students' most important task was to pick up their Commencement cap and gown from Farley Field House. "We suggest taking it out of the packaging and hanging it in your bathroom—the steam from a hot shower will help release the creases so that it looks good for Saturday," Dean for Student Affairs Janet Lohmann advised seniors in an email.
- Osher Quad Field Day, 2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m., with bands, a slip n’ slide, lawn games, tie-dye shirt-making, and painting plant pots.
- Class photo, 5:15 p.m., outside Farley Field House.
- Lobster bake, tent outside Farley Field House, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Beer tent, 9:00 p.m.–11:00 p.m., outside Farley Field House with food from Pinky D’s Food Truck.
Friday, May 28
- Mandatory Commencement Rehearsal, starting at Baxter House, 8:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
- First-Generation Student celebration, Osher Quad, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Pints with Professors, Coe Quad, 3:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Commencing Dinner and Thorndike Toast, outside Farley Field House, 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
- Osher and Coffin Block Party, 9:00 p.m.–11:00 p.m., featuring Mr. Tuna and Taco del Sol food trucks.