Health Pass by CLEAR Information
To protect the health and safety of the Bowdoin and Brunswick communities, Bowdoin is requiring all guests attending events at the College or visiting the Bowdoin College Museum of Art to provide proof of full vaccination status through the smartphone app Health Pass by CLEAR.
Instructions for using Health Pass by CLEAR
- Download the CLEAR app on your smartphone and select Health Pass in the top white tile.
- Enter the Bowdoin confirm code: BOWDOIN.
- Verify your identity with a quick selfie.
- Follow the prompts to verify your vaccination by scanning your CDC Vaccination Card or link to your vaccination provider. Please note that it can take up to one hour to link to a provider, so make sure to do this step at least twenty-four hours before the event!
- Before you arrive on campus, reopen Health Pass to receive a green pass and be ready to show your Health Pass for entry to the event.
What is Health Pass by CLEAR?
Health Pass is a service on the CLEAR app that connects your verified identity with a digital vaccine validation for access to venues and events requiring COVID-19 vaccinations for entry.
How does CLEAR use my data?
Where can I get step-by-step instructions for how to enroll and use Health Pass by CLEAR?
Complete instructions for how to enroll and use Health Pass are available on the Health Pass by CLEAR website: https://www.clearme.com/clrhp-employee-general
Who can use Health Pass?
Currently, anyone eighteen or older with a US state ID, driver’s license, US or international passport (excluding OFAC countries), or permanent resident ID is eligible for a CLEAR membership and to use Health Pass. There is no charge to use Health Pass, but you must enroll in CLEAR to use it.
How do I enroll fully-vaccinated visitors who are under eighteen in Health Pass?
Parents and guardians, follow these steps to set up Health Pass for fully-vaccinated students and other visitors accompanying you who are under eighteen years of age. (Unvaccinated family members and guests, including children not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, are not permitted to attend indoor events at the College this fall.)
- First, complete the steps above to create your own CLEAR account and Health Pass.
- Click the account icon on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Select “Minor Accounts”
- Add in the minor’s email address, set up their account, and have them snap a selfie.
Once you have set up an account for each minor accompanying you, they need to:
- Download CLEAR on their smartphone.
- Log in with the email and password that you (the parent or guardian) set up.
- Verify their identity with a quick selfie.
- Follow the prompts to verify their vaccination by scanning their CDC Vaccination Card or link to your vaccination provider.
- Before they arrive on campus, reopen Health Pass to receive a green pass and be ready to show it for entry to the event.
Why does CLEAR keep asking me to take a selfie?
Your selfie is used to verify your identity. This ensures that no one else can use your CLEAR app or your vaccine data to generate a Health Pass. That verification is good for twelve hours. If you need to show your Health Pass again after that twelve-hour window, CLEAR will ask you for another selfie to ensure you’re still you.
I already have a photo of my vaccination card on my phone. How do I add that to my Health Pass?
CLEAR requires a new photo of your vaccination card. It will not allow you to access your phone’s camera, and may not recognize a photocopy, so please make sure you have the original card with you when you set up your account. You do NOT, however, need to bring the original card with you to the event. A photo or a photocopy will work as your backup.
I got an error when I tried to upload my vaccination card. What did I do wrong?
Please check to make sure you are scanning your original vaccination card, not a copy. Next, check to make sure you clicked on the white Health Pass tile to add your vaccination card—NOT on the blue Digital Vaccine Card tile. Clicking on the blue tile will create an error. Finally, try switching your background—CLEAR will have an easier time scanning the card on a dark background that gives a clear contrast between the background and the card. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to email@example.com or call 855-CLEARME.
My Health Pass is red, can I still attend the event?
Please make sure you have correctly uploaded your CDC vaccine card and entered your vaccine information. If the pass is still red, you will be asked to provide physical proof (i.e., a CDC vaccination card and ID) of your vaccination when you arrive at the event. If you are unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, you will not be permitted to enter the event space.
I am having trouble downloading Health Pass by CLEAR or uploading my vaccination information, what should I do?
For help with downloading or using the Health Pass by CLEAR app, you can reach out to the CLEAR team by calling 855-CLEARME, tapping “Get In Touch” in the app, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don’t have a smartphone, is there another way that I can prove I’ve been vaccinated in order to attend events at Bowdoin?
For those without smartphones, we will also accept CDC vaccination cards or photos of vaccination cards along with valid state or federal ID.