FAQ for Alumni
1. Is Bowdoin offering any virtual alumni programs?
There are virtual alumni programs happening every week! We hope you can join us for many of the programs that are open to the Bowdoin alumni and parent community this semester. And if you miss one, recordings of past events are always available on the Connect page.
2. Is the College open to the public? Can alumni visit campus?
The Bowdoin campus is currently closed to the public, including alumni, in order to protect the health of students, faculty, and staff and the broader Brunswick community. And, with the exception of trails marked by the Harpswell Heritage Land Trust, the facilities and grounds at the Schiller Coastal Studies Center in Harpswell are also temporarily closed.
3. Is the Office of Development and Alumni Relations open?
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations is open, but the staff is working remotely. Please stay in touch or let us know if we can help you with anything by emailing or calling, Monday to Friday, generally 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
4. What can I do to help?
There are many ways that Alumni can help Bowdoin:
- Volunteer: Take a look at the list of ongoing volunteer opportunities to find a meaningful way get involved.
- Share your ideas: Write to Scott Meiklejohn, senior vice president for development and alumni relations, or to anyone at Bowdoin with whom you have a relationship, with any ideas or suggestions you have for how you can help Bowdoin.
- Donate: The College works tirelessly to clear away as many financial hurdles as possible for students as they continue their studies in a variety of settings resulting from the COVID-19 crisis. The community effort to help relieve this burden has been tremendous, but there continue to be a significant number of unanticipated expenses. If you would like to make a gift to support Bowdoin’s commitment to students during this unprecedented time you may donate here.
5. What are the plans for Reunion 2021?
Reunion 2021 will be a special double-gathering for the classes that would have celebrated this year as well as next year’s Reunion classes. Please save the dates Thursday, June 3–Sunday, June 6, 2021 and keep checking your email for more details over the coming months about this unique gathering beneath the Pines. Please note: Reunion plans will be developed with appropriate guidance from local and state officials about gatherings in the coming months.
6. How can I keep updated with what is happening this fall?
Please continue to refer to the COVID-19 site for updated information about the Fall 2020 semester and the College’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.