1. Is the admissions office open?
Admissions staff are answering phone calls and emails during regular business hours, but are not available to meet with visitors in-person. Materials are available for pick up in a kiosk outside our building, but our building is closed to the public. If you’re a prospective student, introduce yourself by joining our mailing list and we’ll send you information about Bowdoin.
2. How can I learn about Bowdoin if I can’t visit?
Admissions and student aid counselors are working remotely and are eager to connect with you. If you’re a prospective student, parent, or a college counselor, attend one of our virtual information sessions or live chat with an admissions counselor. We also have three virtual campus tours. Admitted students should check their Application Portals and the admitted student webpage.
3. When will tours and information sessions resume?
Watch the admissions website for information and introduce yourself by joining our mailing list so we can let you know when we begin our in-person tours and information.
4. How can I get my admissions questions answered?
We encourage you to browse the admissions website for the most complete information about the admissions process at Bowdoin. We are making ourselves as available as possible to answer more specific questions you may have. Please feel free to reach out to us in any of the following ways:
- Phone: (207) 725-3100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat with an admissions counselor
- Attend a virtual information session
- Contact your admissions counselor by state or region.
For more information, see a letter from the Dean of Admissions and Student Aid to admitted and prospective students. (3/27/2020)