Journal Entry

A journal entry is used to record an accounting transaction in the general ledger. The Journal Entry form can be used for standard journal entries (one debit, one credit) or compound journal entries (more than one debit or credit). A project number and account code is required for each debit and credit transaction.

Click below to access the journal entry form.


To help us process your journal entries efficiently, please:

  • Make sure that total debits equal total credits
  • Enter a description (debit and credit description do not have to be the same)
  • Attach supporting documentation
  • Obtain an authorized signature on the form (this should be someone who manages the department or budget, or someone who has access to that person - i.e. academic department coordinator, etc.)

Email completed journal entry forms to:  Journal Entries Account – Controller’s Office