Associate Professor of Mathematics
Searles Science Building - 205
Teaching this semester
MATH 1800. Multivariate Calculus
Multivariate calculus in two and three dimensions. Vectors and curves in two and three dimensions; partial and directional derivatives; the gradient; the chain rule in higher dimensions; double and triple integration; polar, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates; line integration; conservative vector fields; and Green’s theorem. An average of four to five hours of class meetings and computer laboratory sessions per week.
MATH 3603. Advanced Analysis
Measure theory and integration with applications to probability and mathematical finance. Topics include Lebesgue measure and integral, measurable functions and random variables, convergence theorems, analysis of random processes including random walks and Brownian motion, and the Ito integral.
- B.A. and M.S., University of Chicago
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Representation theory of reductive Lie groups, geometric quantization, and the combinatorics of representation theory.
Drafts of and links to the following articles are available on my personal web page.
- Orbital Varieties and Unipotent Representations of Classical Semisimple Lie Groups, PhD Thesis, MIT.
- Components of the Springer Fiber and Domino Tableaux, Journal of Algebra, 272 (2):711-729, 2004. arXiv:math.RT/0210416
- A Relation for Domino Robinson-Schensted Algorithms, Annals of Combinatorics, 13 (4):519-532, 2010. arXiv:math.CO/0603654.
- Orbital Varieties and Unipotent Representations Attached to Spherical Orbits, arXiv:math.RT/0603685
- Cells in the Weyl Groups of type B(n), Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, 27(2):247-262, 2008. arXiv:math/0607231
- Cells and Constructible Representations in Type B, New York Journal of Mathematics 14:411-430, 2008. arXiv: 0710.3846
- Knuth Relations for the Hyperoctahedral Groups, Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, 29(4):509-535, 2009.
- Module Structure of Cells in Unequal Parameter Hecke Algebras, Nagoya Mathematical Journal, 198(2010). arXiv:0902.1907
- Sign under the domino Robinson-Schensted maps, Annals of Combinatorics 18 (2014). arXiv:1301.1356.
- On the Sign Representations for the Complex Reflection Groups G(r,p,n) (with A. Mbirika and W. Silver), arXiv:1303.5021.
Thomas Pietraho's Personal Page »