The Bowdoin College Office of Communications and Public Affairs provides a variety of services to the College and local community:
- Communicating news and information about Bowdoin College to key constituent groups, both internal and external;
- providing communications services to other departments of the College, including:
- design and production of publications and videos;
- photography services;
- generation of publicity materials and placement in the news media of stories about Bowdoin, its faculty, alumni, and students (including athletes and sports teams);
- research and writing for the President and members of the Board of Trustees; managing and promoting Bowdoin's relations with the public, including those with federal, state, and local government representatives, town officials, neighbors, and the Association of Bowdoin Friends;
- administering the College's visual identity system as it relates to publications, printed materials, and Web pages.