Meeting Minutes

February 6, 2006

To: BAS Steering Committee Members
From: Leanne Pander
Date: February 3, 2006
Re: Minutes from Steering Committee Meeting 02/03/06

Present: Juli Haugen, Sue O'Dell, Lester Prue, Leanne Pander (Reporting)

Social Event February 28: The Mardi Gras-theme social event is slated for Tuesday, February 28, 4:30-6:00 p.m. at McGee's Pub. Lester is working with Tricia Gipson to organize the menu, which will include authentic (Virgin) Hurricanes to drink, and New-Orleans-style snacks. Juli volunteered to shop for decorations. We might provide beads to sell as a fundraiser for the Bowdoin students who are traveling to New Orleans over break to participate in community service projects. Peter will talk to Susie Dorn about this.

Leanne will write text for an invitation and send to Dave Francis who will add graphics and send out to BAS membership. Sue O'Dell will bring appropriate jazz music on cd's; she and Juli will search for possible videos or online versions of Mardi Gras parades to project during the party.

***Steering Committee members: please volunteer to help decorate and set up for this event!****

Did-You-Know Emails: Sue O'Dell has generously volunteered to take over the sending of monthly "did-you-know" emails to Administrative Staff. She will cc to Lynn Atkinson & Sarita Benoit for sending on to Support Staff, if they wish.

Time & Attendance Project: Leanne and Juli are members of the large working group helping to implement the new electronic "Time & Attendance" system for payroll. Administrative staff will continue to do a monthly electronic "timesheet," but will keep track of sick time as well as vacation and holidays. One outcome of the new system will be that administrators will be entitled to "personal emergency" days that can be charged against sick time. More details will be coming soon. Human Resources is committed to communicating very broadly about the new system before it is implemented.

Reaccredidation Committee: Leanne reported that a support staff member of this committee, Bridget Spaeth, had asked her to pass along to BAS the idea of collaboration with the support staff on participating in a campus survey of all staff. We will ask Peter to follow up on this with Chris Taylor, who is the BAS representative to the Reaccredidation Committee.

Next Meeting: Friday, March 3, 9-10 a.m., Smith Union Conference Room