- “As the Crow Flies: Yi Sang’s Aerial Poetics,” Journal of Korean Studies (2018) 23 (2): 241-274. (citation)
John H. Kim
Assistant Professor of Asian Studies
John H. Kim is a scholar of comparative literature working at the intersection of literature, science, and philosophy, across modern East Asia (Korea, China, Japan) and Europe.
His research focuses on nonverbal forms of expression in literature, criticism, and theory, while his teaching interests span from premodern to contemporary East Asian literature and film.
- ASNS 2874. Madness in Korean Literature & Film
- ASNS 2750. The Poetics of Emotion in China & Korea
- 2015 Charles Bernheimer Prize for Best Dissertation, American Comparative Literature Association (citation)
- PhD, Comparative Literature, Harvard University
- BA, English & Asian Studies, Amherst College