Theo Danzig '22 and Campus Resources (November 2, 2021)
To the campus community,Today in New York City, the Danzig family is holding funeral services for Theo Danzig ’22 with family and immediate friends, and we know that several members of the Bowdoin community are there to attend.
We have spoken with Theo’s parents and we will be working with them to arrange a campus remembrance for Theo at a time when they and other family members can be here with us. We will announce details as soon as we can.
In the meantime, Rabbi Vinikoor and Bowdoin Hillel will observe Shiva over the next two days, by gathering tonight, Tuesday, Tuesday, November 2, and tomorrow, Wednesday, November 3, at 8:00 p.m. for a Shiva minyan (prayer service) and community time in Main Lounge, Moulton Union. All are invited to attend.
Those who wish to reach out to Theo’s parents and sister may do so at their home (Andrew, Nancy, and Sophia Danzig, 12 West 96th Street, Apt. 13D, New York, NY 10025).
Please remember that the College has many resources available for students and employees seeking counseling and support:
- Walk-in hours are available from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. this week at Counseling Services, 32 College Street
- From 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., please call Counseling Services at 207-725-3145, provide the reason for your call, and they will prioritize an appointment with you
- Outside of these hours, please feel free to contact Bowdoin Security (207-725-3314) to speak to the counselor-on-call
- Student affairs professionals are also available from 10:00 a.m. to noon at 30 College Street
- Various telehealth and online services are also available through Counseling and Wellness Services
For faculty and staff:
- Two in-person sessions will be held tomorrow in Maine Lounge, Moulton Union, with Employee Assistance Program (EAP) counselor Anne Koch, MSEd, LCPC NCC. The first session will take place from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., followed by a second session from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Faculty and staff are welcome to come together for the full hour or to drop in for part of a session.
- Additional information about the Employee Assistance Program is available on the Bowdoin website.
Please take care of yourselves and each other during this difficult time.