Published June 30, 2021 by Bowdoin News
Reflections on the Past Year and Key Issues Facing the College—Watch by Individual Topic
In a wide-ranging discussion with Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer ’81, P’16, P’20, President Clayton Rose addressed topics ranging from the challenges and lessons presented by the pandemic and issues around racial justice to the new leadership for admissions and the College’s endowment and the power of humor.
The on-demand video of their conversation has been broken down into fourteen individual segments, one for each of the topics discussed.
- Managing COVID: The Year That Was
- Managing COVID: Changing Course
- Managing COVID: Was Bowdoin Risk Averse?
- Managing COVID: The Student Experience
- Managing COVID: Positive Takeaways
- Managing COVID: The Power of Humor
- Managing COVID: Looking Ahead to the Fall
- Managing COVID: Post-Pandemic Priorities
- Managing COVID: Athletics
- Racial Justice
- When Should College Presidents Speak Out?
- Discourse, Discussion, and Debate on Campus
- New Leadership for Admissions and the Endowment
- The Lightning Round