New Bowdoin Shuttle Hits the Road
Story posted September 04, 2008
The new Bowdoin Shuttle launched Thursday, September 4, 2008, providing safe and convenient transportation for Bowdoin students.
The Shuttle operates within an approximate one-mile radius of the campus center, an area that includes downtown Brunswick, the Concord Coach Lines bus stop on Bath Road and many off-campus student apartments.
The Bowdoin Shuttle provides reliable service when the College is in session, seven days a week.
The College employs professional shuttle drivers.
Click here for more information including a map of the Shuttle's service area and answers to frequently asked questions.
SHUTTLE SERVICE HOURS
Sunday-Wednesday: 6 p.m.-2 a.m.
Thursday-Saturday: 6 p.m.-3 a.m.
- Sea Dog Brewing Company, Topsham Shuttle will stop at the main entrance.
- Fort Andross Shuttle will stop at the curb in front of the main entrance (brown wooden double doors).
The Zipcar Option
Bowdoin has partnered with Zipcar, the world's largest car-sharing service.
Two Zipcars are available for use 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by students, faculty, staff and community members who become Zipcar members.
- Hannaford Supermarket Shuttle will stop at the curb at the northeast corner of the building (nearest Elm Street Apartments).
- Maine Street Shuttle will stop at Gardiner Savings Bank parking lot just south of Joshua's Tavern.
- Pine Street Apartments Shuttle will stop on Pine Street in the center of complex at the top of the wooden steps near the blue light emergency phone.
- Harpswell Apartments Shuttle will stop directly in front of the building in the center of the complex at the blue light emergency phone.
- Farley Field House Shuttle will stop in the circle in front of the main entrance.
- Brunswick Apartments Shuttle will stop on Park Row at the blue light emergency phone between units G & H.
- Stowe Inn Shuttle will stop at the front entrance.
- Coles Tower Shuttle will stop in the circle.
« Back | Campus News | Academic Spotlight | | Subscribe to Bowdoin News by Email