Bowdoin Announces 2008 Athletic Hall of Honor Inductees
Story posted May 14, 2008
Bowdoin has announced the five inductees who will constitute the 2008 class of the Bowdoin Athletic Hall of Honor.
The five distinguished individuals will be honored at a ceremony on Homecoming Weekend, Oct. 17-19, 2008.
Now in its seventh year, the Bowdoin College Athletic Hall of Honor was founded in 2002 to perpetuate the memory of those who have brought distinction, honor and excellence to Bowdoin through their accomplishments in athletics.
The Bowdoin Athletic Hall of Honor, Class of 2008 includes:
- Legendary Track & Field Coach Jack Magee
- National Champion Hammer-Thrower Bill McWilliams '57
- Men's Soccer Great Robinson Moore '77
- Men's Basketball All-American Chris Jerome '83
- Field Hockey All-American, Track Athlete and Marathoner Emily LeVan '95
For more information about past inductees, visit the Athletic Hall of Honor Website. More information about Homecoming Weekend and the Hall of Honor Ceremony will be available in the coming months. Check the Bowdoin Athletics Website and the Alumni Relations Homepage for the latest details.
« Back | Campus News | Academic Spotlight | | Subscribe to Bowdoin News by Email