Forums on the War in Iraq Continue This Week
Story posted April 14, 2003
The open forums relating to the war in Iraq (and broader issues of international concern) continue this week with a variety of events. Everyone is invited to attend.
- Tuesday, April 15, 8 p.m.: Brad Babson will lecture on "The Current Crisis on the Korean Peninsula." Daggett Lounge, Thorne Hall.
- Wednesday, April 16, 7-8 p.m.: Henry Laurence will lead a program on WBCN cable TV on media coverage of the war.
- Wednesday, April 16, 8 p.m.: Scott MacEachern, Patrick Rael, and Allen Wells will discuss "Power and Preemption: America's Style of Warfare Today." Ladd House (probable location).
- Thursday, April 17, 4 p.m.: Joe Bandy will discuss "Protest Movements Here and Abroad." Massachusetts Hall, Faculty Room.
- Thursday, April 17, 7 p.m.: Gary Hart will give the talk "Terrorism and the Future of America." Morrell Lounge, Smith Union.
- Friday, April 18, 4 p.m.: Tom Allen will discuss the Congressional perspective on the war. Lancaster Lounge, Moulton Union.
The following presentations are being discussed for next week. Please check the SUN for confirmation and for more information on these events:
- Monday, April 21, 7 p.m.: Henry Laurence will discuss "Regime Change in Iraq: Lessons from Japan."
- Tuesday, April 22, 4 p.m.: Anne McBride and Stephanie Richards will discuss bioterrorism.
- Tuesday, April 22, 7 p.m.: Larry Simon will give the talk "Is Pre-emptive War Morally Justified?" MacMillan House.
- Wednesday, April 23, 4 p.m.: The Evergreens, Matt Klingle, and David Vail will lead a discussion of environmental consequences of the war.
- Wednesday, April 23, evening: The Bowdoin College debate team will debate a topic (TBD) relating to the war.
« Back | Campus News | Academic Spotlight |
| Subscribe to Bowdoin News by Email