Who we are
Multicultural Student Programs is comprised of professional staff, student interns, and the affiliated student groups that support underrepresented students and/or generate programming associated with our mission to engage all students in dialogue about difference.
Leana E. Amaez is the Associate Dean of Multicultural Student Programs. As general advisor to historically underrepresented student groups, Leana has a wide range of duties. She creates campus wide programs to benefit minority students, but also personally advises students and their families.
Phone: (207) 725-3048
Kathleen King is the Administrative Assistant for the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs. She works closely with Leana Amaez, and is knowledgeable in most of her work. If you want to schedule an appointment with Leana, contact Kathleen.
Phone: (207) 725-3879
Michael Wood is the Associate Director of First Year Programs and International Student Advisor. He advises international students and coordinates the VISA/I-2O Process and Host Family Program.
Phone: (207) 798-4190
- Ashley Bomboka - Student Director for Support
- Symone Howard – Student Director for Leadership
- Evelyn Sanchez – Student Director for Community Building
- Matthew Williams – Student Director for Activism and Social Justice
- Yiran “Elina” Zhang – Student Director for Education and Awareness