The goals of Polaris, our student information system, are to deliver the following:
- Central, up-to-date repository of information on all courses and course offerings; all prospective students, applicants, and matriculated students; student academic history; student housing; and degree progress that is easy to access and manage.
- An efficient and effective Admissions’ environment that includes campaign management, document and image management, and travel management.
- An easy-to-use online registration process that supports effective academic advising.
- An efficient course management system for entry and management of course descriptions, rules, and restrictions that can be easily accessed across the campus.
- A tool that effectively manages department/program major and minor requirements, College degree requirements, and provides a simple yet comprehensive degree progress report for each student.
- A self-service system that is highly intuitive and efficient for student and faculty.
- A system that is flexible enough to handle changes in curricular policy and the academic advising process.
- A tool where data is safe and secure.
- A well-designed system that can handle thousands of concurrent users, can process thousands of requests simultaneously, is stable, and integrates easily with other applications.