Nine Bowdoin College Employees Honored at Retiree Reception
Story posted May 15, 1997
BRUNSWICK, Maine -- Thanking them for their combined 240 years of service, Bowdoin College President Robert H. Edwards honored nine retiring employees at a campus reception. Among those who have announced they will leave the College this year are two members of the faculty and seven staff members.
The retirees are:
- George Libby of Bowdoinham; assistant director for maintenance, Facilities Management; 15 years of service to the College;
- Jeanne D'Arc Mayo of Brunswick; physical therapist and associate trainer, Department of Athletics; 18 years and a half years of service to the College (will continue in private practice and as a consultant to the College);
- Patricia Pye of Bath; cashier and checker, Dining Service; 23 and a half years of service to the College;
- Judith Coffin-Reindl of Brunswick; administrative assistant, Office of the Treasurer; 29 years of service to the College;
- John Karl of Brunswick; associate professor of history; 29 years of service to the College;
- Fred Toothaker; housekeeper, Facilities Management; 30 years of service to the College;
- Rina Raymond, production assistant, Dining Service; 32 years of service to the College;
- Harry K. Warren of Brunswick, secretary of the College; 32 years of service to the College; and
- Samuel S. Butcher of Brunswick, professor of chemistry; 33 years of service to the College.
« Back | Campus News | Academic Spotlight | | Subscribe to Bowdoin News by Email