To create the conditions for Geoffrey Canada Scholars to thrive at Bowdoin, their participation in the program provides for the following:
- Transportation to campus to attend the summer institute.
- Room and board for the duration of the summer institute.
- A laptop computer that will include software needed for the summer institute.
- For students who have a summer income expectation included in their financial aid package, a $2,300 grant is applied to offset the loss of the required summer work contribution.
- An $800 fund for personal expenses not covered by financial aid (to offset the loss of summer income and dispersed in intervals throughout the summer and academic year).
- Support for a family member to visit campus for Arrival Day.
- Reduction, by half, of expected on-campus work-study earnings in the first year.
- A $3,300 Geoffrey Canada Scholarship - to be utilized as an upper-class student - in support of non-credit bearing enrichment opportunities such as research, independent study, career-related internship, travel expenses, and service learning or community engagement.