Student Parking Information
Student parking decals for 2015-16 are Yellow.
Parking registration for the 2015-16 academic year is NOW OPEN. Please go to Student Parking Registration to REGISTER YOUR VEHICLE ONLINE. Your parking decal will be sent to your Smith Union mailbox. The student parking decal color for 15/16 is YELLOW.
- All student vehicles on campus property must bear a valid 15/16 Bowdoin student parking decal. The cost for the decal is $40 ($20 for motorcycles, mopeds, and motor scooters), which will be billed to your student account. Place your decal on the right rear bumper.
- Student vehicles on campus must park in a student lot during business hours: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Student parking lots are located at Farley, Watson, Smith House, Harpswell Apartments, Brunswick Apartments, Pine Street Apartments, Stowe House Inn, Reed House, Mayflower Apartments, 10 Cleaveland Street, and 52 Harpswell Road. Your student parking decal will authorize you to park in any student lot at any time.
- The former student parking lots at Howell, Burnett, Helmreich, MacMillan, and Quinby were changed last year to Faculty/Staff/Visitor parking lots (Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.). Students may still park in these lots on weeknights and weekends only.
- On weeknights from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. and on weekends, student vehicles are permitted to park in any Faculty/Staff/Visitor lot, with one important exception: the Admissions lot. The Admissions lot is off-limits Monday - Saturday from 6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and is reserved for campus visitors during those days and times.
- First-year students do not have campus parking privileges and may not register a motor vehicle with the College. First-year students who violate this policy will face disciplinary consequences.
- Parking fines start at $25 and are billed to your student account. Fines increase to $50 after three violations in an academic year. Habitual parking violators will have their vehicles towed at the owners' expense and lose campus parking privileges for the remainder of the academic year.
- From time-to-time the College may direct that student vehicles be temporarily moved to other parking lots to accommodate large events, e.g., athletic events at Watson Arena and Farley Field House.
- As campus parking management is critical to the smooth operation of the College, parking violations will be strictly enforced.
- 10 Cleaveland Street
- 52 Harpswell Road
- Brunswick Apartments
- Harpswell Apartments
- Mayflower Apartments
- Pine Street Apartments
- Reed House
- Smith House
- Stowe House Inn
Parking on Town of Brunswick streets near Bowdoin College is regulated by ordinance and is strictly enforced by the Brunswick Police Department. To avoid a parking ticket, please obey the parking signs posted on area streets. Students, employees, and campus visitors should be aware of the following parking restrictions:
- Park Row: Overnight parking (1 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is prohibited from Longfellow Avenue north to the Chamberlain Statue. There is a 2-hour parking limit from 8 a.m. - 6 a.m. from Gustafson House north to the intersection of College Street and in several spaces in front of the Museum of Art. Parking is not permitted in the yellow striped section in front of Searles Science Building.
- Maine Street: Overnight parking (1 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is prohibited.
- Potter Street: Overnight parking (1 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is prohibited.
- South Street: Overnight parking (1 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is prohibited.
- Page Street: Overnight parking (1 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is prohibited without a street resident permit.
- Longfellow Avenue: Overnight parking (1 a.m. - 6 a.m.) is prohibited without a street resident permit.
If you have any questions about parking at Bowdoin, please call the Office of Safety and Security at 207-725-3458, or refer to the Parking at Bowdoin section of the Safety and Security website.
More information may be found at Town of Brunswick Parking Ordinances, Fines and Appeals.