Faculty, Staff, and Visitor Parking
The College provides ample parking for faculty, staff, and visitors. Thank you for complying with our campus parking rules.
Faculty/Staff Parking Information
Employee vehicles using campus parking must display a Bowdoin College faculty/staff parking decal.
- Faculty/Staff Vehicle Registration Form
- Adhere your decal to the bottom right rear bumper or lower right corner of the vehicle’s rear window.
- Park in faculty/staff and faculty/staff/visitor parking lots.
- Parking in other than white-lined parking spaces in prohibited.
- Do not park in signed visitor parking lots, e.g., Russwurm, Admissions.
- Do not park in specially designated spaces, i.e., disabled person, delivery, service/emergency.
- Do not park in signed fire lanes or at loading docks and delivery areas.
- Temporary disability parking is available for faculty and staff for short term medical conditions. You man apply for a temporary disability placard through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, 125B Main Street, Topsham, ME 04086. Tel: 207-725-6520.
- Visit the Parking in Brunswick page for public parking information.
Faculty/Staff Parking Lots
- 85 Union Street
- Ashby House (next to Boody-Johnson House)
- Coffin Street parking area
- Farley Field House (north side of Lubin Squash Courts)
- Maine Street College Houses
(Howell, Burnett, Helmreich, MacMillan, and Quinby)
- North Campus Drive
- Rhodes Hall
- Roux Center for the Environment
- South Campus Drive
- Stowe House (front lot only)
- Watson Arena
If you are visiting campus for one day or for the weekend, you do not need a parking pass.
- Day visitors are directed to park on North Campus Drive (off of Bath Road), South Campus Drive (off of College Street), the Coffin Street parking area, and the Russwurm House visitor parking lot (off of Coles Tower Drive).
- There is ample additional visitor parking at the Farley Field House and Watson Arena parking areas, and at the Maine Street College Houses (Howell House, Burnett House, Helmreich House, MacMillan House, Quinby House, and at the Ashby House parking lot next to Boody-Johnson House.
- Admissions visitors may park in the Burton-Little Admissions lot, off of Coles Tower Drive.
Vendors and contractors staying more than one day must obtain a temporary parking permit (hang tag) from the safety and security communications center, Rhodes Hall, 9 Bath Road.
Visitors who will be on campus for more than one week day must also obtain a temporary parking permit that will be valid for a specified period.
Questions about campus parking? Contact administrative coordinator Kelly Irving, 207-725-3458, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the safety and security communications center, 207-725-3314, or email email@example.com.