Automated External Defibrillator AED Locations
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located throughout the campus.
AEDs are emergency medical devices used when a person is experiencing cardiac arrest, delivering an electrical shock designed to return the heart to its normal rhythm. Bowdoin College maintains a number of these devices in fixed locations on campus, as well as portable units in our Security vehicles and for use by our Athletic Trainers and Health Care Providers.
Readily accessible AEDs are located in many of the College's primary public venues, such as theaters, concert halls, auditoriums, museums, athletic facilities, and dining halls, as shown on this campus map.
Faculty and staff interested in learning how to use an AED, in conjunction with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), should contact Human Resources at 725-3911 and sign up for our in-house training course.
Please contact the Office of Safety and Security at 725-3314 with any questions.
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located at these college facilities:
- Buck Center for Health and Fitness: East wall behind monitor's desk
- Farley Field House: Main lobby, east wall
- Kent Island Scientific Station: First floor of the Dorm Building
- Kresge Auditorium, Visual Arts Center: Basement level lobby, south-west corner
- Leighton Sailing Facility
- Memorial Hall: First floor hallway wall
- Morrell Gymnasium: West wall in gym, outside locker room doors
- Moulton Union: East entrance, 1st floor, on left
- Sawyer Park Crew House
- Sidney J. Watson Arena: Main lobby, south wall
- David Saul Smith Union: Behind monitor's desk
- Studzinski Recital Hall, Kanbar Auditorium: Main lobby, west wall
- Thorne Dining Hall: Wall between men's and women's rest rooms
- Bowdoin College Museum of Art: Pavillion east wall