COVID-19 Positive Test: Protocol and Packing List
If you receive a positive notification from Health Services, or are traced as a close contact to a positive case, below are the steps you need to take immediately:
- Pack up your belongings; use the list below as a guide.
- Call Security at 207-725-3314. Tell them you received a positive test result and are requesting an escort to Stowe Inn, our isolation building, or Howard/Stowe hall, our quarantine building.
- They will get you settled in a room and notify our On-Call Isolation Case Manager who will contact you to check in, ask a few questions, discuss dietary needs, etc.
- You can expect at least one telemedicine visit per day from a member of our Health Center Staff, so please watch your email to schedule that visit.
- Your Dean will be notified of your move to isolation and will also contact you to assess your ability to attend virtual classes and notify professors if needed.
Remember, testing positive for COVID-19 does not necessarily mean you are sick. The isolation process is in place primarily to manage the public health risk of COVID on our campus. Additionally, this process allows us to deploy a dedicated support system on your behalf in order to help you manage your individual health and well-being. If you develop COVID symptoms, know that the Health Services team will be there to assess and help you.
Items to Pack:
- Personal Medications (including prescription and over-the-counter; include at least ten days’ worth)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, glasses, contacts, feminine products, shower items, razor, face wash, etc.)
- Face coverings
- Water bottle
- Laptop and charger
- Cell phone and charger
- Books, class notes, etc.
- Wallet, ID, Insurance card
- Comfortable/loose lounging clothes, underwear and socks (remember you’ll be there at least ten days, so bring a few changes)
- Pillow, blanket/comforter (there will be sheets in the room)