To register for an honors project, students should:
- print and fill in the request form,
- obtain the project director's signature on the form,
- submit the completed request form to the Office of the Registrar
- Completed request forms are accepted no earlier than the first day of Round 1 registration and no later than the last day of Add/Drop II of course registration.
- A separate form should be submitted for each semester of an Honors Project.
- Forms should be submitted each semester even if you are continuing to work with a project director for a second, consecutive semester.
- Because separate course sections must be created as needed for each project director, this is only part of course registration that is handled outside of Polaris.
- Project directors have the option to "sign-off" on your project via email, and there is an area of the form where they should indicate this choice.
- If a student, in consultation with the department, decides to pursue an Honors Project, the course number will be 4050-4079.
- If the department ultimately decides that the project does not meet the standard for honors, the course number will be changed to 4000-4028 for the one or two semesters of the work.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks after submitting the completed form to the Office of the Registrar for the course to appear under the "My Courses" section of Polaris.
- Reference the Award of Honors in the Academic Handbook for more information.
SPRING 2019 DEADLINES*
||Office of the Registrar requests names of potential honors candidates from department chairs. Due February 8.|
|February 8||Names of potential honors candidates due in Office of the Registrar from departments.|
|February 11||Library submits revised "Requirements for Formatting and Submitting Honors Projects" to the Office of the Registrar.|
|February 25||"Requirements for Formatting and Submitting Honors Projects" sent to students and departments from the Office of the Registrar.|
|March 15||Memo to Department Chairs (from Associate Registrar) requesting theses titles. Due March 29.|
||Theses titles due from Departments. If your thesis title changes after March 29 you may make this change on the Honors Approval and Acceptance Form which you submit to the library on May 17 with your Department Honors project|
|Before May 17
||Departmental Honors projects must be approved and accepted by the department or program. An "Honors Approval and Acceptance" form must be completed by the student, signed by the project advisor or department chair/program director.|
|May 17, 5:00 pm
||Departmental Honors projects with accompanying "Honors Approval and Acceptance" forms due in the library by 5:00pm
Do not wait until the last minute; this is a firm deadline!
*Note: These dates are only for students completing degree requirements in Spring 2019. Students completing their requirements in December (both degree and honors project) should contact the Office of the Registrar for Fall dates.