Resources and Affiliations
The Office of Inclusion and Diversity is affiliated with leading national organizations to support the diversity, equity, and inclusion work of the College. Additionally, we are working to create a collection of resources that provide opportunities for our community members to continue their learning on a variety of topics related to racism and anti-racism.
- Affiliations: The Office of Inclusion and Diversity partners with groups across the College and external organizations to support the DEI work of students, faculty, and staff.
- Stop Asian and Pacific Islander Hate: Educational Resources A collection of recommended articles, books, films, and podcasts about the violence, racism, and structural challenges often faced by our Asian community members.
- Asian and Pacific Islander Safety and Emergency Resources
- Text of the readings and performances from the "Stop Asian and Pacific Islander Violence" vigil held on April 5, 2021, on the steps of the Walker Art Building. Students, staff, and faculty collaborated to organize the vigil to bring the Bowdoin community together in the spirit of grieving, honoring, and educating.
- Understanding Structural Racism and Its Effects: A crowdsourced collection of resources submitted by Bowdoin students, faculty, staff, and alumni for obtaining insight and knowledge about structural racism and its effects in the US and ways to get involved in combating it.