Stop Asian and Pacific Islander Hate: Educational Resources
- Chang, Jeff. “Perspective | The Long History of Violence against Asian Americans That Led up to Atlanta.” The Washington Post. WP Company, March 22, 2021.
- Dhingra, Pawan. "Racism is behind anti-Asian American violence, even when it's not a hate crime". The Conversation. 2021.
- Kahn, Mattie. n.d. “Cathy Park Hong and Chanel Miller on Making Art out of Grief: A Conversation.” Glamour. Accessed March 25, 2021.
- Kang, Jay Caspian. “We Need to Put a Name to This Violence.” The New York Times. The New York Times, March 6, 2021.
- Ome, Morgan. “Why This Wave of Anti-Asian Racism Feels Different.” The Atlantic. Atlantic Media Company, March 18, 2021.
- Oriel, Christina M., Klarize Medenilla, Ritchel Mendiola, Contributor, Asian Journal Press, Christina M. Oriel & Ritchel Mendiola, Momar G. Visaya, et al. “'They're Not Even Naming Our Dead': Digital Memorial Tracks Deaths of Transnational Filipino Health Care Workers.” Asian Journal News, July 29, 2020
- Pandika, Melissa. “I Want Justice for Anti-Asian Violence - but Not at the Expense of Black People.” Mic. Mic, February 11, 2021.
- Wang, Claire. “Asian Americans Have Often Needed to 'Prove' Racism. Then Social Media Video Came along.” NBCNews.com. NBCUniversal News Group, March 6, 2021.
- Yu, Betty. “Rappers Mistah F.A.B. And China Mac Team Up To Condemn Oakland Chinatown Violence.” CBS San Francisco. CBS San Francisco, February 11, 2021.
- Zhou, Li. 2021. “The Atlanta Shootings Can’t Be Divorced from Racism and Misogyny.” Vox. March 17, 2021.
- This Tweet has a good list of recent articles
A Conversation With Asian-Americans on Race. The New York Times. The New York Times, 2016.
John Cho: Coronavirus Reminds Asian Americans Belonging Is Conditional. Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Times, 2020. https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-22/asian-american-discrimination-john-cho-coronavirus.
Asian Americans. PBS. Public Broadcasting Service. Accessed March 23, 2021. .
The Deep History of Anti-Asian Violence in the U.S.The Takeaway. WNYC Studios, 2021.
Scheimer, Dorey, and Meghna Chakrabarti. “Asian American Discrimination And The Coronavirus Crisis.” On Point. WBUR, April 14, 2020.
The Legacy of Anti-Asian Violence - and Its Erasure - in America: On the Media. WNYC Studios, 2021.
Rascoe, Ayesha, Jinae West, Andrea Gutierrez, Sylvie Douglis, Liam McBain, and Jordana Hochman. “A History Of Anti-Asian Racism, Plus 'Married At First Sight'.” It's Been a Minute with Sam Sanders. NPR, March 19, 2021.
- Chou, Rosalind, and Joe Feagin. The Myth of the Model Minority. 2015.
- Laskar, Devi. The Atlas of Reds and Blues. 2019.
- Lee, Erika. The Making of Asian America: A History. 2015.
- Lee, Erika. American for Americans: A History of Xenophobia in the United States. 2019.
- Park Hong, Cathy. Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning. 2020.
Short List of Information About Prominent Attacks
- “After 75-Year-Old Dies from Attack, Alarm Increases in Oakland's Asian Community.” The Guardian. Guardian News and Media, March 12, 2021.
- Asian Grandma Spit at, Punched in Nose in Unprovoked Attack in Westchester. ABC7 New York. WABC-TV, 2021.
- “Filipino Man's Face Disfigured after Attack in New York Subway.” Yahoo! News. Yahoo! Accessed March 23, 2021.
- CBS San Francisco. “Surveillance Video Shows Brutal San Francisco Assault That Fatally Injured 84-Year-Old Man.” CBS San Francisco. CBS San Francisco, February 1, 2021.
- CBS San Francisco. “Witnesses: Elderly Asian Woman Assaulted; Fights Off Attacker In San Francisco.” CBS San Francisco. CBS San Francisco, March 17, 2021.