Bowdoin College Online Classified Advertising Policy
Who may place ads
Members of the Bowdoin College Community (students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the Association of Bowdoin Friends) may place free classified ads on this site.
Individuals who are not members of the Bowdoin Community may place an ad for $20. A check payable to Bowdoin College must be mailed to Sara Smith, Office of Communications and Public Affairs, Bowdoin College, 3900 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011, along with a copy of the ad text. Ads will not be posted until payment is received. Checks received without a copy of the ad text will be returned.
- Ads should be submitted, via the form below, by 5 p.m. on Fridays, and will be posted the following Friday. Sometimes it may take up to two weeks for your ad to appear, depending on when it is submitted.
- Ads must be brief, and may be edited. Consider wording carefully; all ads are viewable by the general public.
- Use proper capitalization, punctuation and grammar.
- Bowdoin College reserves the right to decline any ad.
- Ads will remain on-line, or posted for 30 days.
- Handwritten ads are not accepted.
Ad changes and resubmissions
- Ads will not be changed or removed unless you submit the current copy of the ad. Please make sure your ad is correct before you submit.
- Before resubmitting your ad, please check to make sure it is not still listed.