Map a Network Drive in Windows
You may need to “map a drive”.
- Right-click on your “My Computer” icon and choose Map Network Drive...
- The Map Network Drive window will appear. Next to "Drive:", select your preferred drive letter, e.g. “Z:”.
- Next to "Folder:", type: \\microwave\yourdept\yourusername, e.g. \\microwave\ccenter\jbowdoin
- Click on the check box next to "Reconnect at logon". That option allows you to maintain the connection each time you use your PC. (Note: If you are on a lab machine, you will need to map the drive every time you log on.)
- Click on the Finish button. A window for your personal folder will appear on your desktop. An icon for your folder will also appear in the list of drives when you open "My Computer".
- Document author:
- Last modified:
- Jan 30, 2014