Professional and Personal Development from the comfort of home!
Did you know that you now have access to thousands of video-based courses in business, creativity, and technology that can help you achieve your personal and professional goals?
All this is available through the College’s single sign-on portal accessible from your desktop, laptop, or mobile device anywhere you have Internet. All staff, faculty and students have access to LinkedIn Learning, formerly known as Lynda.com. See a small sampling of classes.
You don’t need a LinkedIn account to use LinkedIn Learning, but if you do have an account and you choose to link your LinkedIn and Bowdoin accounts, LinkedIn Learning can also create personalized recommendations to help you efficiently discover courses that are most relevant to you. Additionally, your course completions can be collected on your LinkedIn profile. If you would like additional guidance on connecting with LinkedIn Learning and logging in your first time, IT has created a short walkthrough guide that can answer many of your questions.
HR Web Site Learning Page
Check out the HR Learning page which offers a range of resources such as:
- Link to USM’s Professional Development Programs and receive a 20% ‘affiliate’ discount when you register through HR
- HR Lending Library with books on a range of topics including communication, teamwork, diversity & inclusion, and leadership
- Self-learning resources including information on Liberating Structures, the multigenerational workforce, presentation skills, project management, and skillful conversations
- Archived resources from prior Supervisor Peer Group Forums and the E-Learning Spotlight
- Mango languages e-resource self directed language instruction in 15+ languages with focus on everyday conversational skills. The opening screen at Mango presents two options - personal login or guest login. The personal login DOES NOT use your Bowdoin login credentials. It is a separate account for use on the Mango site only (for preferences, history, etc.). Use guest access if you don't want to create a personal login.