Health and Wellness
- Subscribe to the Weekly Wellness Newsletter, published by Student Affairs with resources applicable to all.
- Sunday Stretches is a YouTube program put together by Bowdoin athletic trainers. Episode one helps you set up a proper workstation at home with an eye toward avoiding injuries.
- Mindful Mondays on Bowdoin’s Instagram channel features weekly tips from one of our wellness experts.
- Friday morning yoga classes on Facebook (9:30–11:00 a.m.) and Stress Less classes on mindfulness (11:00 a.m.) offered by Kate Nicholson, assistant director of student wellness programs. The Stress Less program is being offered via ZOOM
- Tips for Managing Stress, Anxiety, and Isolation and Mindfulness and Meditation offered by Counseling and Wellness Service.
- Visit the Bowdoin Fitness and Wellness Facebook Page on tips and ideas of how to stay active. If you are not a member, request to join the page. From there, an administrator from the page will approve your request. You will have access to view content/posts from other members of the page (e.g. free virtual fitness courses, recorded sessions)
- Meditate Together: 30 minute, free live & online daily group meditation, on the hour, 24 hours a day, through May 1st. Established with the hope of helping as many people as possible, and modeling the power of a global community uniting to solve a global problem.
- Six Resources to Support You During COVID-19 with links to articles such as:Managing Emotions Effectively in Uncertain Times; Resilience is Not a Luxury: It is Critical to Our Survival; Should I Be Scared of the Coronavirus? Mindfulness Techniques for Managing Coronavirus Anxiety at Home and Work
How to Perfect Your Home Work Set Up (Article)
How to Make Stress Your Friend (TED Talk Video)
- U.S. Surgeon General demonstrates how to make face masks at home (Article)
- Return of the Victory Garden (Article)
Getting outside is vital. Here are a few of many websites for ideas and reflections on the healthful Maine outdoors. If you have any favorite you would like to be added, please e-mail Amy Ma (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name and link to their page!
- Maine Trailfinder
Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust - Trail information and fun community resources
Equality Maine (EQME) COVID-19 Resources. EQME is dedicated to providing statewide and community resources as they become available to help support all LGBTQ+ folks in Maine including: how the virus is affecting LGBTQ+ folks differently; statewide and city-specific emergency alerts to sign up for; food resources; and a range of essential community resources.