Anthem Benefits, Castlight, and EAP Resources
Anthem has implemented additional coverage, which has been adopted by Bowdoin, in connection with COVID-19. The medical plan provisions listed apply to all 3 medical plan options (PPO, HDHP1 & HDHP2) offered to employees by the College.
If COVID-19 testing is needed, the test and the visit where you receive the test is covered with no out-of-pocket costs. For those who are diagnosed as having COVID-19, cost share for treatment will be waived through May 31, 2020.
- In addition, you can have a free video visit with a board-certified doctor or mental health professional through LiveHealth Online. You’ll pay nothing for this service through June 14, 2020. Visit www.anthem.com for additional information and to access services. The use of LiveHealth Online is recommended, when possible, to help prevent the spread of infection and to improve access to care. It is a safe and effective way to receive medical guidance related to COVID-19 from home using a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a web cam. (NOTE: Due to an increase in patient calls, Anthem is experiencing longer-than-usual wait times. LiveHealth Online is working to increase physician availability in order to maintain reasonable wait times.
- Members can download Anthem’s free Sydney Care mobile app for a quick and easy way to evaluate symptoms and potential risk for COVID-19. If needed, the app can connect you to a doctor through a Virtual Care text session or a LiveHealth Online video chat session to help you better understand whether you need to visit a local health care provider in person for COVID-19 testing. One virtual text visit through Sydney Care is free through June 14, 2020. Visit www.anthem.com for more information and to download the Sydney app.
- You can now get an early thirty-day emergency refill for maintenance medications.
- Remember that Bowdoin’s medical plans include Anthem’s Home Delivery Pharmacy benefits. You can receive a ninety-day supply of your prescriptions delivered directly to your home. For questions, call the Pharmacy Services phone number on the back of your Anthem ID card.
This Policy is effective until June 30, 2020. The additional coverages for COVID-19 Testing and Treatment and for Doctor Visits from Home will expire on the dates listed above.
In these difficult times, we want to remind you that if you or an eligible family member (legally married spouse or child under age twenty-six) experiences a loss of other medical coverage outside of the College due to a loss of employment or other change in employment status, you may be eligible for a special thirty-day enrollment period as a “qualified event.” This would allow you to elect medical coverage through the College or add an eligible family member to your existing coverage. You have thirty days from the date the other coverage ends to make an election in Workday. You must provide appropriate documentation from the other insurer or employer showing who lost coverage, why it ended, and the date it ended in order to make the enrollment change. The loss of Medicaid or the state Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) allows for a sixty-day special enrollment period from the date of the loss of coverage. For questions and assistance, please contact Mary Cote at email@example.com or by calling 725-3033.
Castlight is a free health navigation tool provided by Bowdoin to individuals who are enrolled in one of the College's medical plans. Partnering with Anthem, your medical plan information comes directly into the tool to help you get the most out of your health plan benefits. You can use Castlight to find doctors, research the cost of care, track your health spending, and much more.
New to Castlight to help you through these difficult times is a COVID-19 Resource Center and an Assessment Tool to assess risk of COVID-19 and help members get appropriate medical care. Castlight also has a new COVID-19 testing site directory (You don't have to be a registered user to use the site).
Register as a new user or login in here.
Anthem Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Resources
The EAP call centers will remain open 24/7 for employees and their household members.
Phone #: 1-800-647-9151
'Log in' and type Bowdoin College when prompted to enter the 'Company Code'.
From the EAP homepage, click on 'Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources'. This provides access to a range of resources including links to news sources and public health authorities, informative articles, as well as customized online seminars.
- 5 Things You Can Do About COVID-19 Anxiety
- How To Prevent Media Overload During a Crisis
- Helping Children Cope
- Managing Your Team After COVID-19
- Eldercare: How to Support those in Isolation and Stay Connected
- Managing the Return-to-Work-Process: What Can We Learn From Business Leaders in China
- Leading During A Crisis: How Managers Can Support Their Teams
- Building Psychological Immunity During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Keep Calm and Carry On: Maintaining Your Composure Amidst the Pandemic Panic
- Anthem - Mindful Meditation
- Anthem - How to Keep Your Family Healthy
- Anthem - How to Stay Healthy
- Anthem - Washing Hands
- Anthem - The Intersection of Uncertainty and Parenting: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Anthem - Financial Uncertainty as the Coronavirus Spreads
- *Please note: When a webinar is selected an error message will appear. However, once you click the arrow the webinar will begin. This was an error with the recording process but the webinars are accessible!
- Information to help you stay informed and cope with this unique situation. The following is a sampling of what is offered:
- A list of online resources with information on the outbreak and prevention of COVID-19
- PDF sharing several links to articles about keeping your spirit up and staying productive while working from home during the outbreak.
- Keeping Work, Home, Schools, and Public Places Safe from Coronavirus
- If You Are Sick with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- An article from the National Association of School Psychologist (NASP) offers tips on talking to children about COVID-19
- Mindfulness exercises to help you focus, release tension and reset for improved well being (audio, 9-17 min each) .