Castlight is an online tool available at no cost to employees, spouses and adult children covered by a Bowdoin College medical plan. As an integration partner with Anthem, your medical plan benefits and claims information comes directly from Anthem into the tool.
Castlight can help you get more out of your Bowdoin medical plan and benefits by:
- Saving on care. Find in-network doctors, hospitals and search for medical services and procedures. Compare them by cost, quality rating and patient reviews.
- Understand your medical benefits. See descriptions of your medical and pharmacy plans and what is covered. Obtain general estimates for how much different services and pharmacy charges may cost taking into consideration your medical plan enrollment.
- Review past expenses. Learn where you are in meeting your deductible to date, how much you paid and why. Covered employees, spouses and adult children can each register to have their own Castlight account to track their claims and spending.
- Making smart choices. Get personalized recommendations based on past care and in-network options. Castlight also provides educational content on medical procedures, lab and imaging tests and more.
- Meeting people where they are. Castlight is available 24/7 online or by downloading their free mobile app on your smartphone through your app store, or by visiting www.mycastlight.com/mobile. Castlight puts maps, phone numbers and other provider information at your fingertips. There is even a place for users to keep notes from doctor visits and suggestions on questions to ask your doctor and other healthcare providers.
- Castlight Customer Support and Guides. Get 1-1 support from a Castlight Guide over the phone, live chat or email.