Copy & Print Center
The Copy & Print Center provides a variety of services to faculty, staff, students, departments and student organizations. We have a full service copy and print operation with three high-speed digital printers/copiers with in-line saddle stitch capabilities for volume black and white and color reproduction. To compliment this array of equipment we also have two binding systems and two wide format printers capable of printing large posters and banners.
Copy jobs can be sent via campus mail or brought directly to the Copy & Print Center. Print jobs can be electronically submitted by using the online work order form. The normal turn-around time for most submitted jobs is one business day.
If you have any questions about our services, please contact the Copy & Print Center at (207) 725-3533 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following chart outlines some of the basic available services.
|Copying & Printing||Sizes Available||Normal Turn-around Time|
|Black & White||8 ½” x 11”, 8 ½” x 14” and 11” x 17”||1 Business Day|
|Color||8 ½” x 11”, 8 ½” x 14” and 11” x 17”||1 Business Day|
|In-line Booklet Making||5 ½” x 8 ¼” and 8 ½” x 11” stapled in center||1 – 2 Business Days|
|Thermal Book Binding||Dependent on size of finished document||1 – 3 Business Days|
|Spiral Book Binding||Dependent on size of finished document||1 – 3 Business Days|
Students have a number of locations on campus where they can print, copy or scan files and documents. Please check out the Copy & Print Services available at the Copy & Print Center by clicking on the previous tab.
There are also a number of smaller devices available to students located strategically around the campus. You can view the list and download the appropriate print drivers for these locations by visiting the IT Printing page.
The following Microsoft file formats may be used when submitting an electronic printing job:
If you are using programs other than these, please convert your file to an Adobe PDF (Contact the IT helpdesk if you need help).
Yes, we can take your non-electronic originals and reproduce them. A Copy & Print Center Work Order Form should be used. Print one in advance or pick one up at the Copy & Print Center.
Normal turn-around time for basic copy and print jobs is 24-hours or one business day. Other, more complex jobs such as those requiring binding, take a bit longer.
Same-day walk-in service may be available for small, simple (no finishing) jobs and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
During the busiest times of year, we may not be able to accomodate same-day jobs, so please call us first.
Completed jobs can either be returned via campus mail or you may pick them up at the Copy & Print Center during our normal business hours.
The Copy & Print Center maintains a regular supply of the standard white paper in 8 ½" x 11", 8 ½" x 14" and 11" x 17" sizes.
We also stock a variety of pastel color paper options in the standard 8 ½ x 11” size and a limited variety of pastel colors in 8 ½" x 14" and 11" x 17". Swatch books are available upon request.
A supply of standard, unprinted letterhead paper is also in stock.
- At the Copy & Print Center copies and prints cost you ½ of what it costs for the same work on small office machines.
- Request two-sided copying & printing whenever possible.
- Produce only the quantity of copies or prints needed.
- Use color only when necessary, such as for impact or emphasis.
- We stock a variety of color papers that can be used for your copy or print job.
- The copy center stocks second sheet letterhead paper that can be ordered by the ream.
- When designing posters, do not ‘blanket’ the background with a single color.
- Use at least 30% recycled paper in all copiers, printers and FAX machines.
We can print the following sizes:
- 5 ½” x 8 ½” with two center staples
- 8 ½” x 11” with two center staples
Please provide full-size 8 ½” x 11” originals formatted in page number order. Our copiers/printers automatically reduce the originals (if needed) and place them in the correct order for the booklets. The correct file formats for creating booklets are Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe PDF (.pdf).
We can fold your copies by these fold dimensions:
- Tri-fold, also known as a ‘C’ fold (face of document is facing in)
- Tri-fold, also known as a ‘Z’ fold (one face of document is facing out)
- Half fold (face in or face out)
- Double fold (useful for larger paper sizes such as 8 ½” x 14” or 11” x 17”)
The Copy & Print Center has two types of binding available. These are the Fast-Back option where a black tape bind is added to the spine of the book or the GBC Comb bind where a plastic spiral ‘comb’ is used to bind the book together.
The Fast-Back option is much faster and is the preferred type of binding.
Covers, either of heavier weight index paper or plastic, can be added to finish off the book.
Need to print a poster larger than 11” x 17”? We have 2 large format inkjet printers capable of producing posters up to 42” x 85”. If you are interested, please note the following:
- Because of the more complex nature of this service an appointment is needed. Please call the Copy & Print Center (ext. 3533).
- On the day of your poster appointment, please arrive on-time with your file proofed and ready to print.
- Transfer your poster file to a zip drive or CD. You may also place it on the ‘Scratch’ drive. Remember, ‘Scratch’ is a public drive.
- Posters cannot be submitted via ECopy.
For more information, please read these additional guidelines.
Yes. Toner for your multi-function device can be ordered by using the Campus Services – Supply Order Form. This form should also be used to order ‘Blue Exam’ books, and small quantities of white, colored and Strathmore paper normally stocked by the Copy & Print Center.
- Printed letterhead, envelopes, cards and labels are ordered via the Office of Communications & Public Affairs (ext.3253).
- Paper for use in your multi-function device, printer, or FAX machine should be ordered via your departmental OfficeMax account for delivery directly to your department.