Student Resources for Online Learning
Baldwin Center for Learning and Teaching
The Baldwin Center for Learning and Teaching is committed to helping students grow as learners. Make an appointment with a peer tutor (writing assistant, q-tutor, or mentor) or with a Baldwin CLT advisor, program director, or faculty member.
Information Technology Service and Support
The Service Desk is here to help you with your technology needs. From computer and software support to mobile devices, the Service Desk has answers. We offer a variety of ways to contact us:
- Technology Guide to Learning Online
- Phone Support: 207-725-3030; available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Email Support: email@example.com
- Live Chat Support: Launched from the IT Service and Support home page
- Ask the Bowdoin Bot!
Librarians are providing online research services, through email, chat, and online appointments and digital access to the Library’s physical collections (books and journals) . Visit the Library's "Services for Students" website
Video: Introduction to the Bowdoin College Library
Student Orientation to Online Learning Course
Familiarize yourself with Blackboard, Bowdoin’s Learning Management System (LMS), by touring through a self-guided course specifically created to introduce students to various features, tools, and resources that will support your online learning at Bowdoin College this fall.
This three-module orientation course:
- Includes short videos, practice sessions, an opportunity to ask questions, and a final quiz
- Outlines expectations for interacting with other students and faculty online
- Provides tutorials for using Zoom and Microsoft Teams (the primary platforms used for class meetings by Bowdoin faculty)
- Contains descriptions and links to the many resources at Bowdoin that are designed to provide you with a truly engaging, inclusive, and caring learning environment
LinkedInLearning provides free access for Bowdoin students to thousands of video tutorials available (using your Bowdoin login) on a computer and through the LinkedIn mobile app. Here are a few tutorials that may be useful this semester: