Wicked Smart Events
Bowdoin students will learn new approaches or reinforce effective study habits with Baldwin CLT staff members, mentors, tutors, and/or writing assistants.
Snacks, information and practice will be provided to your group on working smarter, not harder to be a more effective learner.
Suitable for student groups, clubs, houses, bricks, res life, athletic teams, and anyone who wants to pull together a specific audience for a customized purpose.
REQUEST A WORKSHOP FOR YOUR GROUP
To get started right away, look over our suggested workshops and email your request (or questions) to Tammis Donovan, Administrative Coordinator at email@example.com. It's helpful if you already have interested students who are excited about participating, and have reached out to your group leader for approval if that is necessary.
Interested in a topic but don’t have a group? Join a waiting list and we’ll let you know when we have enough to hold that workshop. Email your request to
Tammis Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make your request at least 2 weeks in advance.
Most workshops are 1 hour and led by various members of BCLT staff
Here are some ideas for workshops the BCLT staff will bring to your group. Most workshops are approximately 1 hour.
SKILLS AND STRATEGIES
- Academic Success Momentum
- Building Relationships: Communicate Effectively with Professors
- Choosing Classes
- Mindful Learning
- Notetaking – using OneNote
- Preparing for Finals
- Walking Tour of Campus: Study Spaces
- Strategies in Close Reading and Effective Annotating
- STEM Study Strategies
- Time Management Tips: Scheduling Your Day, Your Week, Your Semester
PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Editing and Revising Academic Papers and Presentations
- From Quotation to Interpretation: Writing With Sources
- Interpreting the Prompt and Planning Your Paper
- Planning and Practicing Your Oral Presentation
- Planning for a Long Paper
- Review of Common Grammar Issues
- Understanding Faculty Comments