Humans thrive on routines and predictability; this is why creating a weekly schedule can be a great tool for students. Many students express that by creating their plan on Friday, they can take advantage of the weekend which creates less stress Sunday-Thursday.
- Structure to your days and weeks
- Reduced daily stress
- Clear picture of tasks that are ahead of you
- Efficient and effective use of time
- Cramming and last-minute work can be reduced or even eliminated.
- Work can be spread over multiple days.
- Deadlines are met consistently.
- Sense of completion and achievement at the end of the week
This 3-minute video demonstrates the components to include in a weekly schedule and how to create one step by step. Feel free to pause the video and work along by creating your own weekly schedule. All you need is:
- Your class schedule
- Your class syllabi with office hours, due dates, etc.
- Any one of the following:
- Online calendar (outlook, google, apple, etc.)
- Calendar template in Word
Look at these sample schedules your peers created after visiting the video webinar above:
Interested in joining our next workshop where we will create a weekly plan together? Watch for upcoming events on CampusGroups or on the BCLT events page here!