Visiting the Museum
There's always something to see at the Bowdoin College Museum of Art! From installations of highlights from the permanent collection, to rotating special exhibitions on a great variety of themes, to shows curated by Bowdoin faculty and students. Come for a visit to see what's new!
The Bowdoin College Museum of Art offers interactive educational tours for a wide audience, ranging from pre-schoolers through adult groups. For more on our docent-guided tours, please visit the Tour page. To book a tour, please complete the tour request form.
Students, faculty, families and school groups, and outside scholars: visit our Learn section for more information about our academic and community offerings.
Museum Visitor Guidelines
- Do not touch the art.
- Please respect our twelve inch proximity rule.
- Food and drink are prohibited within the galleries.
- Photography is limited. For assistance, please ask an officer.
- Silence your cell phones and please do not use them in the galleries.
- Bags larger than 11 x 15 inches are not allowed in the galleries.
- Umbrellas and wet outerwear are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Security officers reserve the right to inspect books and bags.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Please use only pencils in the galleries.
The Museum is currently closed to the public, as a precaution against COVID-19.
Bowdoin College Museum of Art
9400 College Station, Brunswick, ME 04011
Physical Address (for GPS)
245 Maine Street, Brunswick, ME 04011
Maps and Information
Bowdoin College Museum of Art is a member of The Maine Art Museum Trail.