The Alumni Fund impacts the Bowdoin experience every day.
Comprised of gifts from alumni for current use, the Alumni Fund supports the lives of every student on campus daily. Bowdoin uses these gifts where they are needed most, including supporting our 100% need-blind, no-loan financial aid for more than 45% of students. The Fund bolsters all areas of Bowdoin’s annual operating budget, and unrestricted gifts allow the College to most effectively underwrite teaching and learning.
For those who wish to designate their Alumni Fund gift to an area meaningful to their experience, there are five areas of support:
- Financial Aid: Support current spending for scholarship grants, which are provided to nearly half of current students.
- Academics: Support faculty-student research, faculty enhancement, the Libraries, and Information Technology.
- Student Life: Support student activities, clubs, service trips, and the Center for the Common Good.
- Arts & Culture: Support the Museum of Art, Arctic Museum, dance performances, concerts, and lectures.
- Environmental Stewardship: Support research and extracurricular educational programming for green initiatives and upgrades to campus facilities.