Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Bowdoin offering any virtual alumni programs?
There are virtual alumni programs happening every week! We hope you can join us for many of the programs that are open to the Bowdoin alumni and parent community. And if you miss one, recordings of past events are always available on the Connect page.
2. Is the College open to the public? Can alumni visit campus?
Campus grounds are open to the public, except for August 24–September 2 when students are arriving on campus. Campus events (e.g., athletic competitions, lectures, performances, etc.) will require all spectators and patrons, including children, to be fully vaccinated, regardless of whether the event is inside or outside. The Bowdoin College Museum of Art will remain open to the vaccinated public, but the Peary-MacMillan Arctic Museum and special collections and archives will be open by appointment only. Admissions is offering in-person campus tours and information sessions, but due to continuing COVID precautions tour sizes are limited and pre-registration is required (walk-ins are not permitted).
3. Can we still order paper transcripts from the College?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are not able to process requests for paper transcripts at this time, but we are able to fulfill requests for e-transcripts. Please visit the alumni page on the Registrar’s site for information about how to order e-transcripts.
4. Is the Office of Development and Alumni Relations open?
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations is open, but many staff members are still working remotely. Please stay in touch or let us know if we can help you with anything by emailing or calling, Monday to Friday, generally 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
5. Will I need to be vaccinated to participate in in-person alumni events?
As we begin to move toward in person events, they will be initially held outdoors and while we will not be requiring guests to provide proof of vaccination in order to attend, it is expected that all participants must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
6. What can I do to help?
There are many ways that Alumni can help Bowdoin:
- Volunteer: Take a look at the list of ongoing volunteer opportunities to find a meaningful way get involved.
- Share your ideas: Write to Stephanie Frost, senior vice president for development and alumni relations, or to anyone at Bowdoin with whom you have a relationship, with any ideas or suggestions you have for how you can help Bowdoin.
- Donate: The College works tirelessly to clear away as many financial hurdles as possible through its annual giving campaigns. If you would like to make a gift to support Bowdoin’s commitment to students, faculty and staff, you may donate here.
7. How can I keep updated with what is happening?
Please continue to refer to the COVID-19 site for updated information about the College’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak.