CASCO Conference Funding FAQs
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is generously supporting the 2019 CASCO Conference and has awarded a grant to help with travel and participation costs for high school staff (e.g. counselors, teachers, and/or principals) and community-based organizations (CBOs) serving large populations of underrepresented students.
Q: What type of financial assistance is offered?
A: Upon registering for CASCO, you will be asked if you need financial assistance and will be given the option of selecting “transportation costs,” “participation costs,” or “both.”
Q: Who is eligible to receive financial assistance?
A: Attendees who work for high schools or CBOs that serve primarily underrepresented students are able to receive funding support to attend CASCO. (Individuals working for colleges/universities and who are seeking financial assistance will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and are given second priority.)
Q: What transportation costs are covered?
A: Simply put, up to $350/person for any transportation costs associated with attending CASCO. The following tables outline which costs are reimbursable.
|Not Reimbursement Eligible|
Q: What participation costs are covered?
A: We cover the registration fee ($225), which includes the following:
- Monday, June 17th - Opening Reception/Dinner
- Tuesday, June 18th - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Wednesday, June 19th - Breakfast and Lunch
- On-Campus Housing → Single-bedrooms with shared bathrooms in a Bowdoin College dorm for the nights of Monday, June 17th and Tuesday, June 18th
Q: May I extend my stay in Maine before or after CASCO?
A: Yes. Maine is gorgeous in the summer! (Please know that we will not be able to provide lodging assistance beyond the official conference dates.)
Q: Are multiple attendees from a single CBO or high school able to receive funding to attend the conference?
A: Unfortunately, we are only able to offer funding support to one individual per CBO/high school.
Q: What if I need to cancel my participation and I received financial assistance?
A: Please notify us ASAP so that we may recoup costs and open up your spot to another person.
Q: So...what are the next steps if I need financial assistance to attend CASCO?
A: The next steps are as follows:
- Register on the CASCO website (if you are requesting assistance with the registration fee, then you will skip the payment page once you complete the registration).
- If you do not need assistance with the registration fee, then please submit the registration fee.
- Upon seeing that you are requesting financial assistance, a member of the CASCO team will reach out directly to 1) confirm/approve your request for financial assistance and 2) share the reimbursement process/timeline.