Memorial Hall, a striking Gothic-style granite and stained glass memorial to Bowdoin's Civil War veterans, was completed in 1882 and houses the College's main performance spaces. Pickard Theater, a generous gift of Frederick William Pickard, L.L.D., in 1955, includes a 600 seat theater with proscenium stage equipped with a full fly system and computer lighting.
Renovations of Memorial Hall in 2000 included a complete remodeling of the main theater, and construction of the 150 seat, flexible Wish Theater, made possible by an extraordinary gift from Barry N. Wish '63 and Oblio Wish. Renovations also include a fully equipped design classroom, new seminar rooms, expanded rehearsal space, and a new dance studio.
We have three large dance studios – Maine Street (Brunswick) Station, Sargent Dance Studio and Memorial 601. All have a sprung marley floor, high ceilings and natural light. They are all available for students to sign out for use. Maine Street (Brunswick) Station Studio has a smaller prep room attached.
Memorial 108 also has a sprung floor. It is traditionally used as a theater rehearsal or performance space.
Drake Lobby - two story glass lobby connecting Memorial Hall and Wish Theater used for post-show talks and receptions and occasionally performance.
Pickard Theater - 600 seat proscenium theater.
Wish – black box with flexible seating.