Close the Loop - Buy Recycled!
To increase the market demand for recycled material it is critical that people close the recycling loop by buying products made from recycled material. Products made from recycled material include paper, toilet paper, cereal boxes, fleece jackets and more.
The Bowdoin Bookstore offers a variety of products made from recycled material and other environmentally preferrable products - check out the list below:
- Earth Write pencils by Papermate
- Recycled computer/copy paper from Corporate Express, 50% recycled, 30% consumer waste
- Double pocket Bowdoin folders in recycled paper or plastic
- Loose-leaf 3 Ring binders, made of recycled milk jugs
- Earthbound spiral notebooks, envelopes and filler paper
- Bowdoin College desk pad calendar and refills printed on recycled paper
- Bowdoin spiral notebooks made from recycled paper
- Sierra Club Calendars which a portion of their proceeds goes to support the efforts of the Sierra Club to preserve and protect the environment
- Greeting cards all printed on recycled paper
- Re-usable canvas tote bags
- Newsprint, drawing and sketch pads in assorted sizes made with premium recycled acid free paper
- Refillable Water Bottles
- Sustainable Bowdoin travel mugs in stainless steel