Applying to the Judicial Board
Current Board members, along with the Advisor and a BSG representative select new Board members every year. For 2017, the Application deadline has been extended to Monday, February 6th. Individual and group interviews take place in February.
Students studying abroad may participate in the selection process by phone but must be able to attend training in May in order to be eligible. Training for new and returning Judicial Board members is mandatory and takes place after final exams in May.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- sound judgment and insight
- maturity and a strong sense of personal integrity
- the ability to maintain confidentiality in a pressured environment
- the ability to balance individual rights and circumstances with the community standards of the College
- the respect of peers, faculty and staff
Eligible students must be current first-years, sophomores, or juniors in good academic and social standing (i.e. not on probation). Board members must generally be able to both return early and remain on campus until the closing of residence halls each semester to hear Judicial Board cases. Any questions concerning the Judicial Board may be directed to Lesley Levy, Judicial Board Advisor, at email@example.com or (207) 798-4187.
Link to the 2017 Judicial Board On-Line Application
Link to the Recommendation Form for the Judicial Board Application process