Campus and Community Index
Bowdoin College encourages freedom of expression, open dialogue, and mutual respect. Discrimination or harassment of others on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, social class, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability has no place in our intellectual community.
→ View Frequently Asked Questions about the Index
Members of the College community are encouraged to report behavior that is inconsistent with these values, these reports can make a difference. Even if you don't want or expect any action to be taken, this record helps the College to better understand and address these issues.
Here's how you can report these incidents:
If you are concerned about an immediate threat to your safety or property, or that of others, please call 911 or contact Bowdoin College Safety and Security at (207) 725-3500, or use one of the emergency “Blue Light” telephones located on campus.
Contact any of the following individuals or offices to make a report or receive support, or instead complete an online report:
- Leana Amaez, Associate Dean of Students for Diversity and Inclusion – (207) 725-3048
- Benjamin Harris, Director of the Student for Multicultural Life - (207) 721-5028
- Kate Stern, Director of the Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity - (207) 725-4223
- Counseling Service;— (207) 725-3145
- Human Resources — (207) 725-3837
- Office of the Dean of Student Affairs — (207) 725-3149
- Safety and Security — (207) 725-3314
- Roy Partridge, Special Assistant to the President for Multicultural Affairs — (207) 725-3656
- Workplace Advisors
Contact any Residential Life student or professional staff member, particularly if the incident occurs in a Bowdoin residential space – (207) 725-3225.
Faculty or staff should contact a member of the Human Resources staff at 207-725-3837 for incidents in the workplace.